Thankfully, that did not happen. Now, after the initiation period, I am fully confident leaving it on all day!
My favorite thing to make is easy Fiesta Chicken. Named so, because it smells like a fiesta when I come home from work. I started with a basic chicken + seasoning recipe but each time I make it, it comes out with new ingredients depending on what I have available.
Pictured here: packed and ready for work lunch! The possibilities are endless!
Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Ingredients (1 pound chicken)
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 can Rotel (drained, rinsed)
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup bell pepper (sliced)
- optional 1/4 cup jalapenos
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
dash salt + pepper
*or 1 packet McCormick's taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients in Crock Pot
- Fill with water until chicken is halfway covered
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours if chicken is frozen. Low for 8 hours if chicken is thawed.
- Shred chicken easily with tongs and use for tacos, quesadillas, or soups!
*Check internal temp to 165 degrees before serving.
Powered by Recipage