I received 2 bags of gourmet Godiva coffee from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program- Caramel Pecan Bark and Pumpkin Spice. I couldn't wait to use the Pumpkin Spice Coffee in my latte, and it didn't disappoint... The entire house was filled with the yummy pumpkin scent of fall!
If you don't have pumpkin spice flavored coffee, regular coffee works just as well- simply add about 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice!
Here's what ya need:
- 2 cups skim milk or soy milk
- 1/4 espresso (if you don't have an espresso make just use 1/2 Cup of strong coffee)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute ( I use Great Value's Stevia variation. You can also use regular sugar if you must;))
- 1/4 Cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice if you're using regular coffee
- In a saucepan combine milk, coffee (if not using espresso), canned pumpkin, and sugar (substitute).
- Cook on medium heat, stirring until it begins to steam.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk for a foamy texture (or use a blender).
- Pour into a large coffee mug. If you want to share, this recipe will make 2 regular sized mug fulls of deliciousness.
- Top with light whipped cream and some cinnamon!
How was your latte?
I need your help-- any ideas for a coffee drink using Caramel Pecan Bark Coffee?
Oh, one more thing, thanks to Mal...